Thursday 29 August 2013

THE BEST SLOW COOKED AND GRILLED SPARE RIBS

Hi again, tonight, slow cooked and BBQed spare ribs.Some time ago I was recomended to do slower and longer cooking times. I started surfing on the net, and there are so many recipes, so I decided to buy the slow cooker, and I use it a lot, meat, pasta, specially lasagna, even bread can be made  this way.
And so easy, all the ingredients in the pot, program and leave it to itself  for the hours the cooking needs.

All my friends and my family tells me that my spare ribs are the best they ever tried.


The ingredients for the Best Spare Ribs    


The shopping list


6-7 pers.

4 kg costillas de cerdo            (spare ribs)
Sal y pimienta                          (salt and pepper)

My own Teryaki marinade;

4 cucharadas de salsa soja       (spoons of soy sauce)
4 cucharadas de Sake              (spoons of Sake)
4 cucharadas de Mirin              (spoons of Mirin)
3 cucharadas de Miel               (spoons of honey)
2 dientes de ajo                        (garlic cloves)
Jengibre fresco                         ( fresh ginger)

Mix the ingredients to My Teryaki Marinade, the ginger grated , a pice about 2x2 cm. and the garlic too.
Rub the meat with salt and pepper, and top with My teriaki Marinade, you can buy ready made Teryaki sauce in many supermarkets, but I use it a lot, so I do it myself, and I think it's cheaper too. And have a little feeling that it really gets better,
Set in the fridge for 3 or 4 hours, then put the spare ribs in the slow cooker, and add the rest of the marinade, if you have the time, on slow, and count 7 hours, if not it's ok on fast, count 4 hours.

Take the liquid out of the slow cooker, to a skillet, and let boil until it gets sticky, let it cool for a while and take the fat away , the spareribs are still in the slow cooker, on "keep warm"

10 min before you are going to dish up, transfer the spare ribs to a baking sheet covered with foil, paint with the marinade and put in the oven for 10-15 min on 160 degrees, in the summer nights the BBQ can also be used, with BBQ foil anyway, also for 10-15 min.

We use to enjoy the spare ribs with the vegan spaghetti and the quinoa with apricots, some of us does't eat much meat, but a fresh salad is also a good alternative.





Ready to enjoy, so tender, and caramelized.
I hope you and your family will enjoy it as much as we do, a German style potato salad is also a good accompaniment, i will come back to it next time I make it.

Have a good night, i'm off to bed with the book, Harald el Vikingo, (the viking),author Antonio Cavanillas de Blas, nice to read the Norwegian history again.




No comments:

Post a Comment