Wednesday 13 November 2013

DAILY BREAD

Hola !!! It's getting late tonight,( it was getting late , but had a problem with the Ipad,) in the morning we tried to make space for the x-mas decor in the show-room, but I obviously have to do a special offer week, 50  - 70 % discount., too much stock, and in the afternoon organizing packing lists and bills, not my favorite to do thing, but it has to be done sometimes, and the feeling when I finish is good.

And it was so good that I had to do some cooking, I had some cooked chicken, the other ingredients are common, things I always, most of us do, have in the pantry, the typical " Croquetas de pollo y jamon", post with recipe follows soon.

Then I had a look in the vegetables box, and there was a bright new cauliflower, and a butternut squash, even if  Comte de Maquis, Andreas horse, love some pices of bread, in Spain it's very common to buy a white bread every day, always there are leftovers, and I hate to throw food in the waists. In the morning at the same time asI cut bread for breakfast toasts, I slice the rest, put it in a cotton fabric bag, and let it dry totally. Then I let it go in the food processor, I have the Thermomix, first on low speed, then on a higher one, depends on how you want the crumbs, and depending on what use you will give it.

Roasted cauliflower and butternut squash

Shoppinglist
1 coliflor.                                   ( cauliflower)
1 calabaza.                                 ( butternut squash)
2 dl pan rallado.                         ( bread crumbs)
4 cucharadas de queso parmesano rallado.  ( greated parmesano cheese)
1 cucharilla de sal de ajo.            ( teaspoon garlic salt)
2 cucharillas de cebollino picado. ( chopped chives)
Sal.                                                ( salt)
Pimienta                                         ( pepper)
3 cucharadas de AOVE.                ( extra virgen olive oil)

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.( 100 celsius = 212 farenheit) hot air
Peel and cut the squash in thick slices, the coliflower in divided in corsages and  halved, then turn  both veggies in AOVE, mix the bread crumbs, garlic salt, chives, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper as you like, I use wery little salt, then turn around in the dry mix. Put the veggies on a baking try covered with a baking sheet, and put in the oven for 20-25 min. Then put the oven on grill and the temperature up to 200 degrees for some min. until golden brown.
Serve at once as the veggies are crunchy, we use to dip in a little Ali Oli , home made or sometimes
bought at the supermarked.


The lavender in my garden .
I cut it once this summer,  then I dry it and use it all over the house in fabric satches or in jars to have a nice country smell all over, even in the wardrobes.
Promise to come back soon with the Croquetas Recipe, until then have a good night, and a fine week.

No comments:

Post a Comment